Thai Iced Tea Recipe
Thai Iced tea is notably found in South East Asia. This creamy style of Thai iced tea is most famous in Thai restaurants. Preparation is easy and fast.
You can also use tea bags for the preparation of tea, but loose tea leaf will be best and tasty option for of its rich flavor. All the below list is not available..? That’s fine. Thai Iced tea always tastes best with even fewer spices.
- 2 spoons of Loose Black tea powder, preferably strong tea (or) 4 strong tea bags.
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 pods Cardamom
- Half Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla bean (optional)
- Little of Almond Extract
- Sweetened Condensed milk
- Evaporated milk
- Required amount Sugar
- Mint leaves (for Garnish)
Preparation of Thai Iced tea:
- Start boiling the water and add Tea Powder/ Tea Bags to it. Add Star anise, Cardamom, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, tamarind, Almond extract and heat for more 5 minutes.
- Allow the tea to steep around half an hour; this brings the rich flavor for your tea.
- Refrigerate the tea about 2-3 hours and filter to remove anise, cardamom, cloves and tea bags.
- Add sugar and sweetened condensed milk and blend for great taste.
- Add ice into a glass and pour the mixture into the glass and drizzle with evaporated milk.
- Top up the iced tea with Mint leaves.
Nutrition Statistics: (Per serving)
Find the Estimated nutrition values for 1 serving.
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary fibre||3 g|
- You can replace sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk with cream of coconut and coconut milk.
- Refrigerating the tea for more time.. Makes the taste muchier.
- Since, Thai Iced Tea is made of black tea leaves, It is rich in Antioxidants. It helps in reducing the cancer risk.
- Black tea helps in expanding the arteries, which makes blood flow easy and can keep your arteries healthy.
- Caffeine contained in Black tea, helps to stay focused and energetic
- Thai Iced Tea improves metabolism and helps in weight loss.